Monday, January 18, 2010

Slow and steady...and stubborn...wins the race

I'll keep it super short this week. I'm working tenaciously on a bunch of projects. Weirdest thing to me about being an independent artist is...no deadlines. So I'm plugging away at:

-My songwriting demo
-Editing my Pop Goes The World performance
-Fleshing out the website
-Working on music for a play I'm covering a few songs and creating underscoring for
-The album, the album, THE ALBUM!
-Working on music production for "Coyote Roadkill" with D.
-Writing for and developing some promising artists...

...and currently enjoying some red wine and chilling out for a moment while I contemplate and plan for the next few days.

This week's GREAT news is that Carmen Perez's new dance single, "Overload", which was co-written by myself, Carmen & Ellis Miah entered the Billboard charts. Carmen deserves ALL the success and I pray her single goes straight to the top! Feel free to check it out on ITunes.

Favorite tracks for the week are the ones I'm working on for the play I'm providing music for, Praying Small, written by the BRILLIANT Clif Morts. It will be playing at the Noho Arts Center soon. I'll keep you posted.

God Give Me Strength by Burt Bacharach & Elvis Costello & Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. Both songs are masterpieces & I am humbled as I try to create my own versions of each song.

Have a brilliant week & if you live in LA, stay dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment